Perioperative Blood Management Technologist Examination Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for the PBMT Examination:
- The applicant must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The applicant must be practicing in the field of blood management for a minimum of one (1) year completing a minimum of fifty (50) autotransfusion procedures (those involving an semiautomatic cell processing/washing device) with evidence thereof.
- The applicant must produce evidence of the clinical location(s), date performed, procedure, surgeon, type of procedure and whether the case is adult/pediatric.
- The applicant must electronically submit a completed application for examination by the due date stated on our website.
- The applicant must submit payment in the amount of $200.00.
- Late applications will be accepted up to two (2) weeks after the submission deadline for a processing fee of $50.00.
Please continue checking our website for upcoming examination dates. We are not accepting any further applications for the remainder of 2016.
- How to Become a Certified Perioperative Blood Management Technologist
- Preparing for the PBMT Examination
- PBMT Review Video Presentation
- Sample Questions for the PBMT Examination